All about Fashion Photography and its types!November 29, 2019
Product Photography: An Underrated SkillDecember 17, 2019
Silhouette photography is a creative way to show emotion, convey drama and make your portfolio standout. You can create mystical silhouettes easily without actually revealing any details. This type of photography is easy to shoot but it requires a lot of hard work to learn the details and master them. While shooting silhouette, a photographer creates a contrast between dark and light. So, if you are looking to tell a story in your photography, Silhouette photography is the right choice for you. You can be a master in silhouette photography and can take them yourself soon by just following these basic guidelines.
- Make your subject standout – Maximizing the visible outline of the subject can enhance the subject’s visibility.
- Shoot against the source of light – You can also shoot silhouette indoor by keeping windows and doors open to capture maximum light or you might have some light sources to play with and shoot silhouette intelligently.
- Pay attention while finding the subject – In silhouette photography, you need to be very careful while identifying the place, subject and outlines. You can experiment with different objects, combine people and interesting architectural shapes and make your presentation perfect for your shoot.
- Isolate your subject – If you have more than one subject, then it’s better to keep a short distance from each other so that the subject’s outlines look defined and more clear.
- Take photos from low angle – Get down to your knees to shoot from a low angle. This allows for less background interference with the subject and position them against unique backgrounds.
- Shoot during sunrise or sunset – During this time sun is closer to the horizon and we can easily get our subjects in front of the sun to get the right angle. During the day it becomes harder to shoot in the right angle as compared to the sunset and sun rise.
As a professional photographer, your main objective is to capture the shots to tell the untold story. Silhouette photos are much enticing due to their dark and light contrast and are perfect to create a meaningful connection with the image. Uplift your photography efforts by separating the backgrounds and highlighting the outline of the subject. Hope these tips give you a little inspiration to try out this photography style. So, go outside, have fun and start taking some beautiful silhouette!